Flying Start – 40 Flights
If you’ve decided gliding is for you and want an inclusive package to give you a flying start, this is for you. It includes everything flying related that you will need for the first three months of your gliding journey.
- Introduction to the Club
- Comprehensive safety, ground and pre-flight briefings
- All flying instruction
- 40 flights – launch & glider hire fees
- Dedicated Flying Mentor
- Gliding Log Book, Progress Card and Hat
- After completing 40 flights, further flying is available by arrangement at club rates
- Three months’ complimentary membership including access to all the club’s facilities
- At the end of your three-month membership, you have the option to upgrade to full membership for the remainder of the membership year at half price.
- Any of the 40 flights not taken by the end of three months temporary membership, can still be taken so long as membership is continued.
Availability: Weekends, and Monday-Friday outside of Course weeks
Due to the flight limitations of our gliders there is a weight limit of 16 stones (102 kilos) and a height limit of 6’3″ (1.9m). There is no upper or lower age limit but you must be able to get into and out of the glider. If you are under 16 years old we will require a parental consent form to be signed. If in doubt please contact the office for advice.