Considered as one of the best gliding sites in the country. with stunning views over the Shropshire Hills and Wales, the five mile long ridge facing the prevailing westerly winds is ideal for extended flight times when thermals do not oblige.
Our Experience Flights are conducted by experienced pilots who are qualified by the British Gliding Association to undertake paid flights and carry passengers. Many of them have been flying for a living before they retired, come from the military, or have more than thirty years experience of flying gliders.
Gliding is very weather dependent so we may have to cancel your flight or rearrange it for another day at short notice. If this happens we apologise in advance but are very much at the mercy of the weather. We hope you understand.
Whether you are trying gliding for the first time, or looking for a different new experience to add to your bucket list, our Experience Flights are ideal.
In order to make the best of your day we organise your visit as follows:
- You may book a slot that suits you by telephoning the office on 01588 650 206
- We try to meet your requirements for a day and time but our waiting list can be quite long, as the flights are in high demand
- You may experience some slight delays if earlier flights have been delayed. We do our best but please be patient
- Should you find yourself unable to attend just call the office as soon as possible and rearrange
- We suggest you try to arrive 15 minutes before your allotted time
- We provide a full safety briefing before you fly. It is a requirement that you have viewed it.
- You may view a copy of our safety video by clicking the video link at the bottom of this page
- If in any doubt please contact the office for advice.
Our Experience Flights include three months’ membership of the Club, so you can come back and fly at membership rates during the three months after your experienece flight. If you decide to join as a Full Member