Decided to Learn to Glide?
If you have decided to take up the exhilarating sport of gliding, this is the best choice for you. It provides a one-day Introduction to Gliding and Membership course and a full year’s membership.
- The same one-day course as Introduction to Gliding & Membership
- A full year, 12 months, associate membership
- 5 hours inclusive glider flying time
- 30 minutes inclusive motor glider time to practice and perfect your stick and rudder skills
- Associate member discounts on weekday professionally led courses
- All other fees are at the prevailing membership rates. You will pay for winch launches, currently £11.00 per launch
- After your Introductory Membership, membership and fees are at the prevailing rates.
Throughout the year, although we do recommend that you commence your membership at one of the Introduction to Gliding & Membership courses. These courses take place on specific, dedicated, weekends.
- Introductory Membership £432 (currently on special offer, 10% off).
- Winch launches at £11.00 each. Motor Glider £90 per hour.
- Order in our online shop.
The twelve months Introductory Membership starts from whichever is first, the date of your first flight or the date of your one-day introductory course.
To qualify for Introductory Membership, you must not have gone solo, or been a member of this or another BGA club during the last ten years.
The elements of Introductory Membership are evolving. The elements you get are those on offer at the time you take up your membership.
Introductory Membership is an associate membership class of the Club. Associate members are entitled to a 20% discount on the professionally lead summer courses, but not entitled to a share or a vote at Special or Annual General Meetings.
To find out more..
about our range of services and membership, you can download a copy of our leaflet (PDF format), Your Gliding Journey.