|1st May 2021
We have been flying two seat giders for trainng of club members, and single seat gliders for solo qualified pilots, since the 12th April as we prepare to reopen the club to visitors. At the moment:
- The club is open to members
- Only instructors and solo pilots that are Silver C, have completed at least 20 launches in the previous 12 months and are within their currency and Annual requirements may fly solo
- Two seat training and checks, and mutual flights in two seat aircraft are now available for members and members from reciprocal clubs
- When we operate will vary from week to week for the time being, depending on a number of factors including weather and availability of crew
- We will not operate unless we have a minimum of 3 people confirmed to attend
- Confirmation should be via the club booking calendar or email to Mark Sanders
- Members are advised to follow the club WhatsApp Group for last minute changes and announcements
- Access to club buildings is restricted to toilets, parachute cupboards and hangar only
- The bar is not yet available but catering is, as a takeaway service only
- You must wear a face covering inside and maintain adequate social distancing at all times
Experience Flights, First Flights.
- We are planning to re-start our First Flight gliding experience flights from 9th May 2021. At first they will only be available at weekends. By this time we expect the virus will have subsided and many people will have received the vaccine.
- Anyone attending for a First Flight may bring a maximum of one other person with them.
- All visitors to site will be asked to have a temperature test on arrival. If the temperature is >37.3 degrees C hte person tested will be asked to go home immediately.
- Do not attend if you are feeling unwell or exhibiting any of the accepted symptoms of Covid-19.
- We are extending the validity of First Flight vouchers for at least the period we are unable to offer experience flights due to Covid-19. So you can feel secure you will get your flight.
- Once the government’s guidance allows us to offer First Flights; we will update the website, and you will be able to make your booking.
- We are planning to start our 2021 courses on 17th May 2021.
- We are now taking bookings for 2021 and 2022.
- Please watch the website for the latest information.
- Regular communication with members is going out by email.
- If you are a member and not receiving these emails (there are usually at least two a week) please send an email to the chairman and we will update your details.
- If you have any questions or need further information, please contact the Club by email (email@example.com).
- In the meantime, Stay Safe.
- Your committee is doing everything it can to make it possible for us to continue flying and to make the operation of the club viable. The rules are changing constantly and we have to respond in appropriate ways, often very quickly. Please support your committee during these challenging times.