Other Covid related documents and information are available on the Resources and Downloads page.
31st December 2020
From today Shropshire is in Tier 3 so all Tier 3 restrictions apply. In summary these are now:
- The club remains open but you should not travel to the club from a Tier 4 area or from Wales
- The club has moved to a volunteer only operation, so days when we operate will vary from week to week, depending on a number of factors including access, weather and availability of crew
- We will not operate unless we have a minimum of 6 people confirmed to attend
- Confirmation should be via the club booking calendar or email to Mark Sanders
- Members are advised to follow the club WhatsApp Group for last minute changes and announcements
- Two seat training and checks continue
- Private owner flying continues
- Access to club buildings is restricted to toilets and hangar only
- There is currently no catering or bar
- You must wear a face covering inside and maintiain adequate social distancing at all times
Experience Flights, First Flights.
- We are planning to re-start our First Flight gliding experience flights in May 2021. By this time we hope the virus will have subsided and many people will have received the vaccine.
- We are extending the validity of First Flight vouchers for at least the period we are unable to offer experience flights due to Covid-19. So you can feel secure you will get your flight.
- Once the government’s guidance allows us to offer First Flights; we will update the website, and you will be able to make your booking.
- We are planning to start our 2021 courses in May 2021.
- We are now taking bookings for next year.
- Please watch the website for the latest information.
- Regular communication with members is going out by email.
- If you are a member and not receiving these emails (there are usually at least two a week) please send an email to the chairman and we will update your details.
- If you have any questions or need further information, please contact the Club by email (email@example.com).
- In the meantime, Stay Safe.
- Your committee is doing everything it can to make it possible for us to continue flying and to make the operation of the club viable. The rules are changing constantly and we have to respond in appropriate ways, often very quickly. Please support your committee during these challenging times.