Introduction to Gliding & Membership
If you are considering taking up gliding and would like an easy way to experience what gliding and the Midland Gliding Club is all about, this one day course is the ideal choice.
You get a full one-day gliding course including: –
- Introduction to the Club
- Comprehensive safety, ground and pre-flight briefings
- All flying instruction
- Flying – launch and glider hire fees for the duration of your course
- Experienced Instructor & Flying Mentor
- Experienced Ground-based Mentor
- Gliding Logbook and Progress Card.
- Food package: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner. Tea and Coffee
- After your ‘Introduction to Gliding & Membership’ course, further flying is available by arrangement at Club rates.
- One-month’s complimentary membership of the Club including access to all the Club’s facilities.
These courses take place on specific, dedicated, weekends.
- Introduction to Gliding & Membership course £175
- Order in our online shop.
You can upgrade from Introduction Gliding & Membership to Introductory Membership by paying £305 within 14 days of the course, or £330 after 14 days. You can pay via the online shop.
Due to the flight limitations of our gliders, there is a weight limit of 16 stones (102 kilos) and a height limit of 6’3″ (1.9m). There is no upper or lower age limit but you must be able to get into and out of the glider. If you are under 16 years old we will require a parental consent form to be signed. If in doubt please contact the office for advice.