Introduction to Gliding & Membership
If you are considering taking up gliding and would like an easy way to experience what gliding and the Midland Gliding Club is all about, this one day course is the ideal choice.
You get a full one-day gliding course including: –
- Introduction to the club
- Comprehensive safety, ground and pre-flight briefings
- All flying instruction
- Tuition on ground-based tasks to launch and retrieve gliders
- Flying, launch and glider hire fees for the duration of your course
- Experienced Instructor
- Gliding Logbook and Progress Card
- After your Introductory course, you can upgrade to our Introductory Membership package at a discounted rate if you’d like to continue learning to glide with us. Just pay the difference if upgrading within 14 days of your Intro course.
These courses take place on specific, dedicated, weekends.
- Introduction to Gliding & Membership course £180
- Order in our online shop.
You can upgrade from your Introductory Course to full Introductory Membership by paying £252 within fourteen days of your course (currently on special offer 10% off).
To find out more..
On our range of services and membership, you can download a copy of our leaflet (PDF format), Your Gliding Journey.
Due to the flight limitations of our gliders, there is a weight limit of 16 stones (102 kilos) and a height limit of 6’3″ (1.9m). There is no upper age limit but you must be able to get into and out of the glider. There is no minimum age to fly P2 in a glider and you can legally solo at 14 years. If you are under 16 years old we will require a parental consent form to be signed. If in doubt please contact the office for advice.